Our commitment to you
This Policy is designed to give you greater understanding of how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal and sensitive information.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection, such as health information. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our activities and either you have consented or we are required or authorised by or under law to do so.
We commit to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Credit Reporting Code and any other relevant law. The APPs regulate the way in which we collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
How we collect personal information
How we hold your personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclosure your personal information for the following primary reasons:
• to provide our products and services to you
• to conduct our business of automotive retailing, supplying parts, servicing vehicles and collision repair
• to comply with our obligations to our vehicle manufacturers
• to action your requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims
• to provide customer care
• to contact you for any of these purposes including product recall
• to contact you in relation to service, end-of-warranty and other reminders
• to conduct direct marketing activities and advertising events and competitions
• to comply with our legal obligations
• for general management (such as to invoice you)
• for research, statistical analysis, including but not limited to for market research, customer satisfaction and service improvement purposes
• to assess your job application
• to assess your finance and insurance applications
• to search public records or registers
• answering queries and resolving complaints
• training our respective employees, agents and representatives
• for any purpose you have consented to
• to allow our third party service providers to perform the services they are contracted to perform
• handling complaints and disputes
• detect, investigate and prevent fraud
• to assess and investigate matters disclosed to us in accordance with our Whistleblower Policy
• if we are obliged to so by law (e.g. in relation to vehicle safety recalls)
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection, to which you have consented, or which are required, or authorised by or under law.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our related bodies corporate within Autosports Group
• other organisations that provide products or services to us, for example:
o dealer management system providers
o third party software providers
o our vehicle manufacturers and their related bodies corporate
o marketing agencies
o insurance and finance brokers
o debt recovery agencies
o legal and financial advisors
o shareholder registry
o Government bodies
Some of these organisations may be located outside of Australia.
Other than for these purposes, generally we will only use or disclose your personal information if we have your consent, or if it is required or authorised by law.
Transfer of information overseas
IP address, cookies and web beacons
• provide you with a better website experience
• to better understand your behaviours and habits
• display relevant advertisements or content on our network and third party networks and websites
We may use remarketing tools such as Google AdWords to personalise your marketing and content experience.
The use of a web beacon allows the website to record the simple actions of the user (such as opening the page that contains the beacon) through a tracking pixel. We may use web beacons (and cookies) to analyse site usage, to report and audit advertising and personalise your content. We may share any data collected from web beacons (and cookies) with third parties to provide you with relevant advertising when browsing third party websites.
Advertising and tracking
When you access our website after viewing one of our advertisements on a third party website, the advertising company may collect information on how you utilise our website (for example, which pages you viewed) and whether you commenced or completed any online forms.
Update and access of personal information
Storage and security of personal information
Business without identifying you
Complaints and further information
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us. You can use this form http://autosportsgroup.com.au/contact.html or call us on 1300 125 179.
Please also contact us if you believe that our privacy standards do not meet the level set by the APPs or have a complaint about our handling of your personal information.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the OAIC which can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone on 1300 363 992.
About credit information and 'notifiable matters'