Our commitment to you
How we collect personal information
How we hold your personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclosure your personal information for the following primary reasons:
• to provide our products and services to you
• to conduct our business of automotive retailing, supplying parts, servicing vehicles and collision repair
• to comply with our obligations to our vehicle manufacturers
• to action your requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims
• to provide customer care
• to contact you for any of these purposes including product recall
• to contact you in relation to service, end-of-warranty and other reminders
• to conduct direct marketing activities and advertising events and competitions
• to comply with our legal obligations
• for general management (such as to invoice you)
• for research, statistical analysis, including but not limited to for market research, customer satisfaction and service improvement purposes
• to assess your job application
• to assess your finance and insurance applications
• to search public records or registers
• answering queries and resolving complaints
• training our respective employees, agents and representatives
• for any purpose you have consented to
• to allow our third party service providers to perform the services they are contracted to perform
• handling complaints and disputes
• detect, investigate and prevent fraud
• to assess and investigate matters disclosed to us in accordance with our Whistleblower Policy
• if we are obliged to so by law (e.g. in relation to vehicle safety recalls)
We also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection, to which you have consented, or which are required, or authorised by or under law.
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose your personal information to:
• our related bodies corporate within Autosports Group
• other organisations that provide products or services to us, for example:
o dealer management system providers
o third party software providers
o our vehicle manufacturers and their related bodies corporate
o marketing agencies
o insurance and finance brokers
o debt recovery agencies
o legal and financial advisors
o shareholder registry
o Government bodies
Some of these organisations are located outside of Australia.
Other than for these purposes, generally we will only use or disclose your personal information if we have your consent, or if it is required or authorised by law.
Transfer of information overseas
Due to the number and complexity of the IT systems we use to operate our business and because majority of the brands we sell are based in Europe, your personal information will be disclosed to overseas service providers and suppliers. Refer to Annexure A to this policy for a current list of countries. We will update the List of Countries in Annexure A from time to time, as necessary.
We disclose personal information to the following third parties located overseas:
• Vehicle manufacturers
• External advisers; and
• Service providers
We also store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. You should note that, as electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know in which country your information will be held.
You should note that while the overseas recipients will often be subject to confidentiality or privacy obligations, they will not always follow the particular requirements of Australian privacy laws. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country, the information may not be protected to the same extent as the APPs.
IP address, cookies and web beacons
• provide you with a better website experience
• to better understand your behaviours and habits
• display relevant advertisements or content on our network and third party networks and websites
We use remarketing tools such as Google Ad Words to personalise your marketing and content experience.
The use of a web beacon allows the website to record the simple actions of the user (such as opening the page that contains the beacon) through a tracking pixel. We use web beacons (and cookies) to analyse site usage, to report and audit advertising and personalise your content. We share data collected from web beacons (and cookies) with third parties to provide you with relevant advertising when browsing third party websites.
Advertising and tracking
When you access our website after viewing one of our advertisements on a third party website, the advertising company will collect information on how you utilise our website (for example, which pages you viewed) and whether you commenced or completed any online forms.
Update and access of personal information
Storage and security of personal information
Business without identifying you
Complaints and further information
You can request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us. You can use this form http://autosportsgroup.com.au/contact.html or call us on 1300 125 179.
Please also contact us if you believe that our privacy standards do not meet the level set by the APPs or have a complaint about our handling of your personal information.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the OAIC which can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone on 1300 363 992.
About credit information and 'notifiable matters'
We may exchange your credit information with CRBs. We will use the credit information that we exchange with the CRBs to assess your creditworthiness, assess your application for finance and manage your finance. If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to any finance that we have provided or arranged, or you have committed a serious credit infringement, we may disclose this information to a CRB.
You have the right to request access to the credit information that we hold about you and make a request for us to correct that credit information if needed. We explain how you can do this below.
Sometimes, your credit information will be used by CRBs for ‘pre-screening’ credit offers on the request of other credit providers. You can contact the CRB at any time to request that your credit information is not used in this way.
You can contact the CRB to advise them that you believe that you may have been a victim of fraud. For 21 days after the CRB receives your notification, the CRB must not use or disclose that credit information. You can contact any of the following CRBs for more information: Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd (www.dnb.com.au); Experian (www.experian.com.au); and Equifax (www.equifax.com.au).